The Talking Realities Young Parent Program offers a FREE government funded two hour presentation designed to educate young people about the realities of being a young parent and the impact it has on their lives. Young parents facilitate this interactive and visual presentation exploring the challenges of early parenting.
This seminar offers students the opportunity to openly and honestly discuss the realities of being a young parent and listen to real life stories and experiences from young parents. The program offers early intervention and prevention for young parenting and pregnancies and develops young people’s skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Children’s needs
- Sexual health
- Life skills
- Decision Making
- Problem solving
The program is relates strongly to the following subject areas:
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDH&PE)
- Exploring Early Childhood (EEC)
- Child Studies Syllabus
- Community and Family Studies Syllabus (CAFS) &
Feedback from our bookings:
- “A professional & engaging program, the peer educators are well trained. I have not seen my students give their full attention for 2 hours before. This program is an ‘eye opener’ to many of them, especially the boys.” (Teacher)
- “Love this program, absolutely learnt so much! We need more of these programs happening” (Student)
- “It was a FANTASTIC presentation, all of the young parents were really open and happy to share their information and experiences; this made the experience more engaging, interesting and worthwhile for the students” (Teacher)
- “Overall the program was excellent & I would recommend it to everyone. I think personal experiences are a good aspect of the program & I think everyone was great!” (Student)
To book a Talking Realities Young Parent Education Seminar please email the Project Officer Rebeccah Egan: (E) firstname.lastname@example.org (P) 9794 2370, (M): 0407 942 397.
This is currently a free service to schools within Liverpool, Bankstown and Fairfield LGA’s. If your school is not in one of these areas and you would like to book a presentation please contact Rebeccah.
Please note: the minimum booking time needed is 2 hours.